Innovation and Technology
About Our Department
The Innovation and Technology Department (I&T) is responsible for providing secure, stable, operational, and responsive information and communications systems for the Town. With the combination of the IT infrastructure and smart city planning, I&T department’s goal is to improve organizational efficiency, streamline services, contribute directly and indirectly to the economic growth of the Town.
Mission and Key Drivers
The I&T Department partners and innovates to deliver high-value, customer-focused solutions and incorporate smart city thinking in all aspects of organization and community building. The following drivers help us achieve the stated mission:
- Organizational Alignment - Embracing the Town's vision and core values while aligning people, processes and culture; integrating physical and digital planning; establishing a broad-based, cross-departmental governance to ensure accountability.
- Security and Compliance - Establishing a strong foundation of governance practices to ensure security of existing data, information and technology; consistently strengthening the Town through strategic, proactive measures with best practices, employee training, internal controls and benchmarking.
- Sustainability of Investment - Leveraging technology to improve municipal operations and adapting to changing needs of citizens by engaging internal and external customers to understand needs; managing the technology portfolio with a lens of increasing efficiency, best practices, emerging trends and long-term sustainability.
- Data Driven Decisions - Implementing processes and tools that use existing data to help drive business decisions; using existing data sources before investing in other tools/devices that generate Big Data; utilizing exisiting indicators to measure success; developing dashboards to track progress; publishing data within the confines of privacy and compliance.
- Customer Focus and Transparency - Supporting requests timely and automating processes to enhance business agility; promptly delivering projects in alignment with organizational priorities; enhancing digital government services to serve the Town's changing demographics; embedding transparency within Town operations with a focus on citizen privacy.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement - Acknowledging the importance of change management; embracing smart technologies and Big Data that integrates well with the Town's future vision; being open and collaborative with customers and vendors to expand organizational capacity for innovation and continuous improvement.