Harmon Arts Grant
2016 Harmon Arts Grant Application
- Applications will be accepted through Thursday, May 12, 2016.
- Download Application (Fillable PDF - you must first download the file before it becomes fillable)
- If you are unable to complete the form using the fillable PDF, please contact Ben McCready for a Word Document.
The Harmon Arts Grant Program, named to honor former mayor Paul Harmon, was created in 1993 to help promote art in the community. Harmon Arts Grants are available to art organizations for programs or events taking place between July 1 and June 30. Priorities include programs within the Town of Normal, applications submitted by non-profit organizations, and proposals that make a program or event more accessible to the public particularly seniors, students and low income residents. The maximum grant award is $5,000.
The grant application period is open during April and May with exact submission dates announced each year. Applications will be reviewed by the Harmon Arts Grant Committee, which will make recommendations to the Normal Town Council. The Council will select grantees in June with awards presented in July.
Primary Factors for Consideration
- Programs taking place within the Town of Normal
- Programs administered by not-for-profit organizations
- Programs administered by established community organizations
- Funding to make a program or event more accessible to the public, particularly seniors, students and low income residents.
- Funding of operating costs associated with specific projects or performances
- Programs serving a large number of patrons
- Programs administered by organizations with a stated purpose to promote the arts
Secondary Factors for Consideration
- Programs taking place within the City of Bloomington
- Programs administered by for-profit organizations
- Funding requests for capital items, such as equipment
- Programs serving a small number of patrons
- Quasi-arts programs
- Acquisition of art objects for the community