Headquarters Fire Station is located at 1300 E. College Avenue at the corner of College Avenue and Blair Drive. The station was opened in September of 1981 at a cost of $450,000. An addition to headquarters was completed in 1990, which moved suppression personnel to the north end of the building and created more space for administration and prevention on the south end of the building.
Of the 20 firefighters on shift at the three stations, seven of them are based at headquarters. Headquarters also houses the offices of the Chief and Assistant Chiefs, the Battalion Chief, as well as the Prevention Division. This station is also equipped with a full training room, and houses the Town of Normal Emergency Operations Center.