Numerous parking areas are located adjacent to the trail. Trash receptacles, picnic tables, shelters, restroom areas and port-a-pots, and benches are also available along the trail. A nature guide [PDF] for the trail is also available at the Park Office.
The Friends of the Constitution Trail is a non-profit group which works for expansion and beautification of the trail. For more information and a membership form, visit the website.
2014 marked the 25th anniversary of the Trail! So much progress has been made since 1989. To view the Constitution Trail Chronology [PDF], please click on the graphic.
Trails Rules and Regulations
- Open daily from one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset.
- All forms of motorized vehicles are prohibited (except for emergency and maintenance).
- Obey all warning and regulations signs.
- Remember to obey all pedestrian laws when crossing intersections along the trail.
- All other park rules apply.
Trail Use Safety Guidelines
- All users keep right.
- Be courteous at all times, respect other users, regardless of their mode, speed or skill level.
- Enter and Exit trail at access points only.
- Give audible warning signal when passing, by voice, bell or horn.
- Have you outgrown the trail? If your speed or style endangers others, check for alternative routes better suited to your needs. The trail is designed for recreational uses.
- Keep the trail clean, use the trash receptacles.
- Clean up after your pets. Your cooperation is appreciated by all users of the trail.
- Do not wear earphones or anything that distracts from awareness of your environment.
- Please respect the neighbors along the trail, without their cooperation this trail may not exist.